The Swiss family business SCHURTER was founded in 1933
The SCHURTER company was founded in 1933 by Heinrich Schurter as a limited partnership and transformed into a stock corporation in 1949. In 1990 the establishment of SCHURTER Holding AG, still existing today, took place with headquarters in Lucerne (Switzerland).
SCHURTER is managed by third-generation family members: Thomas Schurter is Chairman of the Board of Directors of SCHURTER Holding AG.
In January 2015 Hans-Rudolf Schurter handed over the operative management of the SCHURTER Group to Ralph Müller. Thus, for the first time in the more than 80 years of company history, the operative management of SCHURTER was transferred outside the family.
To secure its position as a leading innovator and producer of electronic components the SCHURTER Group has expanded significantly through acquisitions in recent years.
Heinrich Schurter founds the SCHURTER personal Care Foundation.
November the 15. 1933, Brave Heinrich Schurter founds the SCHURTER Cie. company as a limited ship for manufacturing of electromechanical components.